Saturday, May 9, 2015

Zigzagging between castles and runestones

Today is a beautiful sunny day here in Stallarholmen so I had to take a ride on the island.
Yes, we live on an island called Selaön and it's quite large, situated in a lake called Mälaren. I love to follow random roads and see if I can find something interesting. That isn't to hard since this part of Sweden is jam packed with old castles and runestones. Today I headed for Mälsåker Castle, it's just a few minutes away from our home and it has become one of our favorite places for a picnic. You can check it out at www.malsaker.com if you like.

- Sir, your Daihatsu is ready for you at the gate.
- Oh, thank you Jeeves. Don't forget to wash it when I get back.
- My pleasure Sir.

One thing that makes Sweden special is its vast woods.
And anyone who wish can enjoy them. Just wander off, no permits or any off that is needed. Thats the law. All that is required is some common sense and respect for nature and wildlife. No, that doesn't include your monster truck, just hiking, mountainbiking and things like that.

Found a gravel road that I hadn't investigated before.

I really enjoy living here, it's all nice and quiet. Stockholm (with a bunch of great skateparks) is just an hour away so thats alright. It's not like we are totally shut off from civilisation.

Your bearded buddy says hi!
(No, I'm not in the passenger seat, it's a right hand drive you know)

2 comments:

  1. HejUffe! Så långskäggig du blivit =) Superkul med bloggen, ska följa och läsa dina härliga inlägg =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Lotta!
      Va kul att du hittade hit :-)
      Ja, skägget växer :-D
      Allt gott!

      Delete