Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Storage solutions

  
I bought this vintage toolbox while visiting our daughters in Oxford. I had this idea about having it stand on end and making a cabinet out of it.
I found a new use for it now since I needed storage in the back of the car - or should I say truck? Hmm... Anyway, the size was just right but it had to be secured somehow. So I got these snap hooks that I attached to the box and locked them to the cargo loops. Works great and I like the look of that old toolbox.
Fits like a steel glove.

So that's where I store the cup holder, towline, binoculars, some tools, flashlights, UZI's and maracas. I also keep two thick blankets in the back. They help to bring down the noice some and they come in handy for all sorts of situations.

I also had a sheet of mesh laying around. I cut that in half and made a pair of storage pockets and bolted them to the sides. Turned out real handy for maps and other light stuff.

I travel by compass, never follow roads. Saves me fuel by driving in straight lines ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment