Monday, June 29, 2015

Time for a facelift

Before - - - - - and - - - - - After
I have a tendency to get hung up on details. Sometimes in a really stupid way and sometimes in a semi stupid way. This post leans towards the later, I think.


Our Daihatsu is parked on our driveway right outside the house and I can see it from the kitchen table. That gives me a lot of time to stare at it - ask my wife...
During these stares I will usually make alterations in my imagination. Lately It's been about the grille. I have been thinking if I should paint the light fittings black or if I should ad chrome to the two strips above and under the grille. Either remove or ad chrome. Chance helped me decide. I happend to find this roll of shiny aluminum tape when I helped to clear out an old workshop. The tape is super sticky and quite thick. Seems durable enough. I gave it a try and here's how it came out.


I'm real pleased about it. I think the front sort of came together now. It got more of a finished look to it.

So, what am I going to daydream about next? Probably some kind of a safari roof rack, or new seats, or adding spacers or...

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment