Monday, June 1, 2015

Refurbished turn signals and Cousins in Australia

I found this clear orange spray paint at Biltema. It's like a colored clear coat.
The purpose is to refurbish the glass of the turn indicators. Mine where a bit dull. I guess the years under the australian sun had taken its toll.
So I thought I'd give this a try. I took them apart, wiped them off, masked the clear section with some tape and gave it a couple of coats of paint. It cured real fast and the surface seems to be very scratch resistant. Good stuff. The indicators looks way better! It's all in the details.

Disassembled and ready to be masked and sprayed.
Now that's better.

I mentioned Australia, let me tell you this. My Daihatsu still has the original dealer sticker intact. It was covered by another sticker so it wasn't faded at all. Apparently it was sold by "Cousins".
I searched the web and found out they had been around for a long time but they had just recently closed. Bummer. I wanted to contact them to let them know that a Daihatsu Taft that they sold back in 1979 is still doing well on the other side of the planet. And also, the interior lamp doesn't work. Is that covered by the warranty? ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment