Sunday, November 15, 2015

Time for some fresh gaskets

A small oil leak has kept me puzzled. My latest idea is that it might be caused by a leak in the water pump gasket and that the leaking cooling liquid might have messed up the the timing plate gasket below. Perhaps...
I didn't have the tools to change both gaskets so I started with the water pump.
I'll do the other as soon as I have bought an impact wrench.


I'm still amazed by how easy it is to work on this little truck. Everything can be taken apart real easy, just like a large meccano set. I took off most off the front for an easy access.


So, here's the new and the old gasket - what's left anyway. Yes, it was way over due!
I guess it's time to change all gaskets. It's 35 years old after all.
Fortunately I found a complete gasket set at skruvat.se. Pretty amazing actually since this is some rare gear. Especially up here in the northern parts of the globe. It seems like most Taft's were sold south of the equator.


No comments:

Post a Comment