Sunday, November 15, 2015

Made more Tintin clocks!

Whenever me and my wife visit our daughters in Oxford, England I usually go to Blackwells Bookstore. They always have a good stock of Tintin postcards and posters. This time around I bought some postcards and a big poster. I wanted to do a really big Tintin clock so I bought "the Red Sea Sharks" poster. I already had a really large wall clock - IKEA - so the plan was to attach the round part on to it. Turned out to be a perfect match!

Check the glasses for a size reference! It's BIG!


A friend came by with some scrap wood the other day. Some of it was some really nice bits of oak.
I made a small box shape out of that. Used some old brass screws to create a naval theme and here's how it came together. Pretty nice! It became a birthday gift for a brother in law.



See that small airplane on the top? It's a D.H Mosquito, the same plane that the guy in the middle - Piotr Skut - flew in the album. I thought it was a fun detail.
I bought that from an old man in england. He was actually a Wellington pilot during W.W.II and he now runs a nice little museum. A great guy with a big snow white mustache.
Here's a link if you're interested: www.wellingtonaviation.org

No comments:

Post a Comment