Sunday, September 27, 2015

Spacers - Getting a wider stance

B E F O R E                                                    A F T E R
It's been way to quiet on this blog for a while now but here's something new.
My wheels have what you call a "high ET". That means that the center of the rim is not placed in the centerline of the wheel, it's placed a bit outward. This has caused some problems. The rear tires have been real close to the leaf springs and during hard turns it actually rubbed against them - not good.
Also, the front wheels has been rubbing the inside of the tires against the top mount of the shock absorbers.

 My initial plan was to get some new rims but I didn't find any that matched my wishlist. So I contacted the fine folks over at Manton Racing (manton.se) and ordered a custom made set of spacers. I decided that 5mm wide would give me the space I needed and I would still have plenty of thread left for the lug nuts.
The spacers arrived this friday. Great finish, all edges trimmed and the fit is perfect!


I mounted them today and it all came together real good.
The Hi-Lift came in handy.


Mission accomplished - I got the much needed clearance front and rear and my little Daihatsu got a more manly stance as well!

Howdy partner!

Next post will be about that beautiful orange thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment